Sunday, April 13, 2008

"Are they twins?"

Believe it or not, we were often asked that question when the girls were younger. Even though they occasionally enjoy dressing alike, they have been very different from the get-go. Each one has her own set of likes and dislikes, her own personality, her own sense of humor, her own sense of style, and her own gifts and talents. I am too often guilty of lumping them together as "the girls", even though I am very aware of their differences. It never ceases to amaze me how two children can be born to the same couple, raised in the same house, loved equally, and yet can be so different from one another. Even though I know the reason is, of course, that God creates everyone uniquely, it still astounds me. God is so good. The amazing thing about "my girls" is that despite their differences, they are BFF ("best friends forever", for those of you who don't have tweens)!